Safe, effective alternative approaches to health
Acupuncture can treat a wide variety of illness and dysfunctions from soft tissue (muscle/ligaments/tendon) injuries to cases of internal medicine such as digestive disorders, hormonal imbalances, reproductive health, stress/anxiety and the common cold.
The insertion of fine, sterile needles at certain points (acupuncture points) across the body causes cascading events, including a response by the peripheral nervous system, regulation of the immune, endocrine and neurological systems and increased blood-flow to certain areas of the body. All of these processes encourage the body’s natural ability to heal and return to a more balanced state.
A combination of modern orthopedic assessment and acupuncture theory allows for a very precise diagnosis and holistic approach to many conditions. Orthopedic acupuncture helps people recover from injuries faster, may aide in the prevention of future injuries and optimize athletic performance.
Neck & Back
- Conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Herniated disc pain
- Sacroiliac pain
Hip, Thigh & Knee
- Cruciate ligament sprains & strain (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL)
- IT band syndrome
- Piriformis syndrome
Leg, Ankle & Foot
- Achilles tendonitis / tendonosis
- Acute & chronic ankle sprains & strains
- Calf, hamstring or quadricep pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
Chronic & General Pain Conditions
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Degenerative conditions
- Joint pain
- Ligament strain & sprain
- Muscle tension & spasm
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Post-operative pain
- Tendonitis & tendonosis
Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist & Hand
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Golfers/tennis elbow
- Impingement syndromes
- Rotator cuff sprain & strain
- Ulnar (cubital tunnel) neuritis
Acupuncture during pregnancy can help with the various challenges that new-mothers can commonly expect during this exciting time. It can help to encourage healthy, happier and less stressed/anxious mamas.
- Morning Sickness
- Supporting Healthy Fetal Development
- Promoting Better Sleep
- Boosting Energy Levels
- Reducing Swelling & Pain
- Encouraging Proper Positioning
- Breech & Posterior Babies
- Stimulating contractions/encouraging labor
- Easing the postpartum time – helping a new mama to feel supported and nourished
- Encouraging healthy production of milk
- Regulating hormones/reducing stress
- Recovery from cesarean births and scar reduction
Herbal medicine is both an art and science that creates personalized formulas for each patient based on their unique presentation of illness/imbalance. This approach allows and invites modifications to a formula when symptoms begin to change which reduces the chance of negative side effects or taking of unnecessary herbs. Herbal medicine comes in many forms, including loose herbs, granules, pills or tinctures. Herbal medicine is extremely beneficial and safe for both chronic and acute conditions.
Cupping and Guasha are modalities used to help restore circulation/blood-flow and reduce pain and stagnation in areas with injury/dysfunction.